Paymattic’s Currency Switcher is a premium feature that allows donors to choose from over 135 currencies right within the donation form.
Currency Switcher is a pro feature of Paymattic. Upgrade to the premium version to use this feature
Let’s see how to enable Currency Switcher in the WordPress donation form.
- First of all, go to Paymattic (Pro) → Settings → General Settings. Then, select a base currency in the Currency field that will be the default currency for your donation form.
- Now, you need to set the currency conversion API key. You will get your API key from the CurrencyAPI dashboard.
- To get your API key, log in to your Currency API dashboard. Then go to API keys option and create a new API key.
- Copy the API key that you have created and paste it into the Paymattic (Pro) → Settings → General Settings from your WordPress dashboard.
- We recommend you set the Caching Interval – 24 hours. Caching Interval is used to update the currency rate for your donation form. For example, if you set 24 hours Caching Interval then the API will update the currency rate once in every 24 hours.
- A higher caching interval will reduce the API request amount. You can get 300 API requests for free per month. However, you can extend your API request limits here.
At last, click on the Save Settings button and you are ready to add currency switcher on your donation form.
Then, you need to create a donation form navigating to Paymattic (Pro) → Create Form → Advanced Editor.
If you want to use a pre-built template then select Simple Form Templates → Select horizontal or vertical template.
It will open up a ready-to-use donation form. Here, click the Add more fields button and select Currency Switcher.
Add Currency Switcher using Advanced Editor #
The currency switcher module only works for donation progress item field. So, add a donation progress item field to your WordPress donation form and set prices for donation item.
Now, press the ‘+’ icon and add the Currency Switcher as we have shown in the screenshot below.
Once you have added the Currency Switcher you can configure it by clicking on the gear icon.
It will pop-up the Form Field Setting box. Here, you can add or delete currency option that you want to show on the form by clicking on the ‘ + ’/ ‘ – ’ button.
You can make the field required by switching the Required button on. Besides, you can choose the currency display type by selecting Radio or Select option.
Toggle the Disable Field button to disable the currency switcher field
You can find the advanced settings such as Admin Label, Conditional Rendering, CSS class and Field ID in the Advanced tab.
Finally, click on the Update button to update the field & Save button in the form editor to save the changes.
That is the simple process to add a Currency Switcher to your donation form in WordPress.