You can easily integrate the Square payment gateway with Paymattic. Square is a secure and fast payment processing platform that accepts credit card and debit cards payment from your website. Integrate Square with Paymattic and let your customers easily make online transactions through Square.
Square is a pro feature by Paymattic.
Let’s learn how to set Square with Paymattic with this simple guide.
- First of all, go to Paymattic(Pro) → Payment Gateway from your WordPress dashboard.
- Then, Click on Square from the left navigation bar.
How to Configure Live Mode/ Test Mode #
On the Square settings page, there are two types of modes displayed by a radio button. Test mode is only for test payments and Live mode is for real payments. While in the test mode, you can use any test card number that is issued by Square.
You can set up the live mode in the same way the test mode is set.
How to Configure Access Key & Location Id #
- You will require an Access Token and Location ID to integrate Square with Paymattic. Go to Square Developer Dashboard and sign in to your account.
- Now, click on Create An Application button.
- Provide your application name and click the Save button.
- Click Open right below your application name.
- Your application credential page will appear.
- Here, you will get your Sandbox Access Token.
- Then, click on the Location tab from the left navigation menu.
- Copy your Location ID.
- Put your Access Token and Location ID into the respective field from Paymattic(Pro) → Settings → Payment Gateway → Square.
- Finally, click on Save Settings to finish the integration.
When the integration is successful you can add a new form or edit an existing one. Start adding your required fields and select Square Payment Gateway from the payment method fields. At last, click on the Save button to save your new form.
How to configure Webhooks for subscription payments (Available on next release) #
In order to function properly for subscription payments in Square, you must set up your Square webhooks. You will find your Webhook URL from Paymattic → Payment Gateway → Square in your WordPress dashboard.
- To configure the Square webhook, visit your Square developer dashboard.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Press the ‘+’ icon to create a new application.
- Set a name for your application.
- Select what type of application you are going to build.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Myself option in the Find your audience tab.
- Press the Complete button to go to the next step.
- Now, click the Webhooks > Subscription option from the left navigation panel.
- Then, go to the Production tab and click on the Add subscription button.
- Set your Webhook name and paste the Webhook URL from Paymattic → Payment Gateway → Square in your WordPress dashboard.
- Check the following events for Square subscription payment to function properly with Paymattic.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the Webhook configuration.
This is how simple it is to configure Webhook in the Square payment gateway and set up Square with Paymattic.