Websites use reCAPTCHA to prevent spam and harassment. It’s a free tool provided by Google to identify humans and bots while submitting data. Humans can easily pass the given challenge, while bots and other harmful machines can not figure it out.
Paymattic provides this versatile testing feature to protect your website from spam attacks. You’ll need a Site Key and a Secret Key to add reCAPTCHA to your payment form.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get your Site Key and a Secret Key–
- First, Go to the Google reCAPTCHA Site.
- Put a name in the Label box to identify your website in the future.
- Then, select a reCAPTCHA type between v2 or v3. The reCAPTCHA v3 verifies requests with a score and the reCAPTCHA v2 verifies requests with a challenge.
- Enter your website address in the Domain field to register your domain for a reCAPTCHA verification.
- Add admin email to manage reCAPTCHA in the Owners field.
- Put a tick on the Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service option.
- Check the Send alert to owners option to receive alerts if Google detects any problem with your site.
- Click the Submit button and you will get your Site Key and a Secret Key.
Now, you have to set the keys in your plugin dashboard. Let’s see the step-by-step process of how to configure reCAPTCHA in Paymattic.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Paymattic → Settings.
- Next, click on the reCAPTCHA tab from the left sidebar.
- Select one of the three reCAPTCHA mode options – Disable reCAPTCHA, Visible reCAPTCHA (v2), or Invisible reCAPTCHA(v3).
- Put your Site Key and Secret Key in the respective field of the reCAPTCHA key section.
- Click on the Save Settings button to finalize the setup.
After you successfully configured the reCAPTCHA you can integrate it with any form in Paymattic. To enable reCAPTCHA in a specific form, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Go to Paymattic → All Forms from your WordPress dashboard.
- Then, create a new form or select a previously built form.
- Press the Settings button below the form name.
- Navigate to the Confirmation Settings from the left and click on the reCAPTCHA Settings tab.
- Tick the Enable reCAPTCHA for this form option.
- Finally, click on the Save reCAPTCHA Settings button.
That is all about the simple process of adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress payment form!